Saturday, February 21, 2009

Resipes!

My BFF has started on her blog a new weekly recipe blog so I am going to join! I have a really hard time with the dinner department. I seem to just keep making the same ol same ol! I only do my shopping every other week so I can go to the wonderful walmart HELL! That I love so much but living in may berry makes be keep returning to walmart HELL! So here is my recipe for the week! My family LOVE'S this! It is kinda like a lasagna! It is called Three Cheese Kielbasa Bake. The resipie does not call for much but it makes A LOT!



12 oz uncooked elbow macaroni

2 lb. kielbasa halved and sliced

1tbs olive oil

2 medium onions chopped

2 medium zucchini quartered and sliced

2 medium carrots grated

1/2 teaspoon minced garlic

1 jar 26 oz spaghetti sauce

1can 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes

1 egg lightly beaten

1 carton 15 oz ricotta cheese

2cups of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese

2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

2 green onions

Cook macaroni according to package meanwhile in a large skillet brown sausage in olive oil over med. heat. drain add onions zucchini carrot s and garlic. cook and stir for 5-6 min. or until crisp and tinder.

Stir in spag. sauce and tomatoes bring to a boil reduce heat simmer uncovered for 15 min. drain macaroni

in 2 greased 12inx9inx2in backing dishes layer a 4th of macaroni and meat sauce combined egg and ricotta cheese spoon a 4th over sauce sprinkle with 4th of cheddar cheese and mozzarella repeat layers top w/ green onions.

Cool 1 casserole cover and freeze for up to 2 months cover remaining casserole @ 350 for 15 min uncover for 15 min. longer or until cheese is melted.

Yeild: 2 casseroles 8-10 servings each!

MMMM this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

missy said...

yum!!!! if i think about it i will try to start getting a recipe or two on my blog also so we can all share!!!
hope you are having a great weekend!!!!!
i think the only recipe i have ever posted was taco soup.....it is really good and very easy!!!!!

Ben Patterson said...

I MISS YOU SO MUCH I CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT!!! The next time i'm in town...for sure we're hanging out! deal!