Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dang post that did not post or save from 2/22/09! But I just found it! Blogger whats your deal?????

It has been so warm for the past two days! YAY just a few more weeks until spring! I cant wait to start my garden and planting flowers. Tom and I took the kids to the school today and the girls and I tried to play softball and Tom and Trent played basketball. I was the pitcher and the girls tried to hit the ball and when they hit the ball I would try to get them out. Well as you can tell I am saying trying a LOT! We only had one crash! Riley running to 3rd and I was running with the ball to get her out and right then I found out I am not 16 anymore I slid to the base and she ran up to the base and that is when the crash happened! My head hit her legs she went flying and I just went sliding! My head is hurting...LOL

I have a recipe for today something sweet! I love this cake recipe it is so moist there is no need for frosting! There are a few name for the cake like 1 pan cake or better than sex cake I guess you can just call it what ever makes you happy!!


2 1/2 cups of flour 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar

1 1/2 cups of sugar 1 Tbsp. vanilla

1/2 cup cocoa 2 cups of cold coffee or water

2 tsp. baking soda 1/3 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp cinnamon

2/3 cups vegetable oil


Stir together flour 1 1/2 cups of sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in an uncreased 12x8-inch foil baking pan.


Make 3 wells in the mixture; pour oil in 1 vinegar in 1 and vanilla in 1.


Pour in coffee (I use water it is better) and stir all with a fork until well mixed.

Spread into a even layer


Combined 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 over batter.


Bake @ 350 for 35 to 40 min. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon & sugar over hot cake


Cool for 15 to 20 min. before cutting. Seal tightly in plastic wrap before serving!


This is so good and ez I love it! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

missy said...

oh yum!!!!!
who doesn't like cake?!!??!!?