Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The trampoline

R.I.P. Trampoline!

The tramp seeing better days!


Every summer my kids complain that they have nothing to do. So this summer I told them to pitch in and we would get a trampoline. So my hubby and I paid half and the kids paid the other half. What a deal when you have 6 kids! So me and the husband loaded up and went to the big city to get the tramp. We live about 40 miles from the nearest town that has any good stores we just have a few small stores here in the big valley. We brought home the trampoline and set it up while the kids were gone for the weekend. Setting up this thing was a chore first we got it all put together and realized we put the middle on upside down! So here we go taking it all apart and starting over. We finely got this silly thing put together right. The next day I went to pick up the kiddos, when we drove up to the house they were so excited! Well as the summer went on no one wanted to jump on it, with the excuses it's to hot! WHAT! You now have something to do and it's to HOT! No one will jump with me... she jumps me to high.... and on and on. So now the weather is changing and it is getting cold and of course they want to jump on it....kids (shaking my head) Well last Saturday night we had a storm front come in and the wind was blowing so hard. The 2 older kids were doing dishes and my son started yelling the tramp just blew away! I came in the kitchen and said yeah right the tramp is still out there! I went out on the back porch and yep the tramp was gone!!! So my hubby went out in the dark and 70 mile an hour winds to find this thing. Well he found it, it went rolling down the street in to the neighbors yard! It was a crumpled mess! We pulled off the middle of the tramp and saved the springs for reasons I don't know understand! But now I have 6 kids they are sooo sad that the tramp is gone. I told them next summer we will get another one. I guess it dose have a good out come I don't have to take down the tramp for winter!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Aww---poor crumpled tramp.
We too put the thing on upside down when we put one up--here is the sad story--we have no kids. I was a grown woman hopping around out there in the back yard