Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turkey day thew today

OK I got the pictures back from my mom of Thanksgiving it was a little crazy but all and all it was a wonderful Thanksgiving. To start out Wednesday night Tom marinated the turkey and put him in the ice chest out in the carport. About 2 am Tom heard something making noise outside he came out the back door and found a dog eating out turkey! So that was not good:( But no fear that morning we went on a turkey hunt! I sent my mom & my mother-in-law also on the hunt! I was not to sure I would find a thawed turkey that was the right weight, but to my surprise I found one a Bashas. He was a free range born in California 14lb with a hefty price tag an him! $30.00 WTH! The turkey the dog ate was free!



But its ok he was really really good!



We ate and ate.............



We put up our tree and the kids decorated it they did a great job!



Shelby and Riley had to pose for a shot!



Almost done!



Yay Finley done!



O yeah we had a birthday party too!



Had a care bear cake....



And got a pink MP3 player!



So we have had a busy past few weeks! I hope all is well with you and your family. Today please keep a little girls family from our town in your prayers, Lauren's little friend died from burns she received in a house fire. She was only in 1st grade.

3 comments:

missy said...

oh my gosh...that is horrible!!! we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers!!!!!

glad you had a nice thanksgiving!!!
and a happy birthday...cool pink MP3!!!!

Ben Patterson said...

Wow!! You have been busy!!! The cake is very cute and the tree is great. I'm so sorry for that little girl, I hope Lauren is doing ok. I'll talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Me again! I scrolled on down. I thought I was the only blogger with a cattle trailer!Goose neck anyway! LOL