Friday, December 5, 2008

Thank you for your prayers.......

Thank You all for keeping little Josey & her family in your prayers. This has been a very confusing situation. I am having a little bit of a hard time dealing with this and how to help my little one who just does not understand where Josey is. Wednesday day night I found out that Josey's funeral was going to be on Thursday But at the time I did not know she was Laurens friend. Thursday morning I was curling Laurens hair I asked her did you know Josey? She told me yes she is my friend...everyone keeps saying she died but I don't now where she is she has not been at school. This just broke my hart. So I sat down and picked her up and held her I told her that Jesus took Josey to live with him because she was burned in a fire and how she is going to be able to watch all of the Christmas lights from heaven. But Lauren just hugged my neck and did not say anything. So I sent her to school with a little bag of change for a jar they have in the office for a change drive for Joseys family. I came home and it was just bothering me I knew Lauren was really sad. So after lunch I went down and picked her up and brought her home. We just played games and baked some chickens (she loves to help cook) she said I put the pennies in the jar and I saw a picture of Josey on the side of the jar, she said and my friend Kimberly is going to the funeral, I did not know what to say I know that she is to young to go to a funeral so I just said O that is so nice. She told me she wanted to talk to her grandma about it so we called her and she told me not to worry kids are resilient. Grandma talked with Lauren for a while and now she seems to be doing better. Thank god for grandmas! The community really came together for Josey and her family we all were asked to wear pink yesterday (Lauren told me Josey's favorite color is pink and purple). Every where I went yesterday everyone I saw had on pink:) And I was told at her funeral someone read some things Josey wrote in class and one of them was she liked to play with Lauren it was so sweet. I hope the rest of the holidays can be tragedy free and all of you and your familys are well.

2 comments:

missy said...

oh my gosh.....that made me cry!!!! it is so hard to see a child struggle with those kinds on things!!!! because as adults we do not always have the right answer...wow!!!! glad grandma could help out!!!! hope all gets better for you and your family and community!!!!

Tiffany said...

Such a terrible thing to happen to a child. I'm glad your community is there to help. And give your little one a hug from me!